Translate

A little about Playa Zipolite, The Beach of the Dead . . .

Playa Zipolite, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico, on the Pacific Ocean. A little bit about my favorite little get-away on this small world of ours.

Zipolite, a sweaty 30-minute walk west from Puerto Angel, brings you to Playa Zipolite and another world. The feeling here is 1970's - Led Zep, Marley, and scruffy gringos.

A long, long time ago, Zipolite beach was usually visited by the Zapotecans...who made it a magical place. They came to visit Zipolite to meditate, or just to rest.

Recently, this beach has begun to receive day-trippers from Puerto Angel and Puerto Escondido, giving it a more TOURISTY feel than before.

Most people come here for the novelty of the nude beach, yoga, turtles, seafood, surf, meditation, vegetarians, discos, party, to get burnt by the sun, or to see how long they can stretch their skinny budget.

I post WWW Oaxaca, Mexico, Zipolite and areas nearby information. Also general budget, backpacker, surfer, off the beaten path, Mexico and beyond, information.

REMEMBER: Everyone is welcome at Zipolite.

ivan

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Contented Traveller Article from Contented Traveller Read it Danielle from Like Riding a Bicycle is sharing with us, Zipolite, Mexico – Outside My Front Door. Playa Zipolite is a beach community located in San Pedro Pochutla. Published March 14, 2016

Danielle from Like Riding a Bicycle is sharing with us, Zipolite, Mexico – Outside My Front Door. Playa Zipolite is a beach community located in San Pedro Pochutla.
Published March 14, 2016
https://www.contentedtraveller.com/zipolite-mexico-outside-front-door/






Danielle from Like Riding a Bicycle is sharing with us, Zipolite, Mexico – Outside My Front Door. Playa Zipolite is a beach community located in San Pedro Pochutla municipality on the southern coast of Oaxaca state in Mexico between Huatulco and Puerto Escondido.
Outside my Front Door is a series of posts by fellow travel bloggers who share what is … outside of their own front door

 About Zipolite, Mexico – Outside My Front Door.

Danielle tells us:
Life is pretty hard here. I wake up each morning, crawl out of my tent to witness a brand new sunrise and waves crashing in on the beach.
Zipolite, Mexico
After a big plate of delicious fresh fruit smothered in yoghurt and granola, it’s time to start my day of doing next to nothing. Shall I swing in the hammock today at my wonderful little cafe home, Cafe Maya? Perhaps I’ll get a bit of online work done. Or maybe I’ll just stroll down the beach for a while. Who knows?
Zipolite, Mexico

Looking Around Zipolite, Mexico

Not only is the scenery stunning, with few people on the beach during the off-season, but the place is rather unique – at least by Mexican standards – in that the whole damn place, lined with cafes, hostels, camp spots, and all, is a clothing optional beach. If you head further down the coast, a short walk away, you’ll find a beautiful secluded beach with barely anyone on it, affectionately known as Playa Del Amor. Okay, so it may kind of be a gay beach, but no one cares about the nudity there (or if you choose to stay clothed, that’s cool too!) so long as you don’t care about them with their happy bits floating about.
Zipolite, Mexico

Exploring nearby Mazunte,Mexico

A short collective ride away is another small town named Mazunte, focused more on the hippie side of the things. Don’t get me wrong, Zipolite does have a certain magical vibe to it, but Mazunte is much more for the granola types. A lovely town, but unlike Zipolite, the town is on the street, with a road shooting off to the beach. Not in Zipolite; no, here we’ve got it all right on the beach. I open my tent in the morning, and there my beautiful ocean is awaiting me!
The pace of life is slow at best here, but truly beautiful. Every once in a while I’ll be working, and glance up from my computer to see a penis here, some boobs there, with clothed people scattered along in between, and I truly love the beauty that everyone can dress as freely (like, seriously freely) as they want without being judged. It’s a place to feel at home, and I can’t imagine a better place to be at this very moment!
Zipolite, Mexico
Catch up with more travel writers sharing what is outside their own front door,from all around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Comments are welcome.

ivan